For A Beautiful Design, Consider Tile!
Tile roof installations in Kingwood, TX are becoming increasingly popular across the nation. This type of roofing is preferred by many customers for its durability, versatility, and beauty. However, despite its advantages, tile roofing does have some downfalls and is not a good choice for all homeowners. If you’re interested in a tile roof installation and want to know if it’s worth the extra money, read on to learn about the pros and cons of this type of roofing system. Give Mdw Roofing and Remodeling LLC a call today at (832) 766-9994 to learn more!
The Advantages of Tile Roofing
- Aesthetic appeal. Tile roof installations in Kingwood, TX are versatile. They are usually made from tinted concrete and are available in various colors. They can also be molded into various shapes, including flat, fluted, interlocking, or curved.
- Durability. Generally speaking, asphalt shingles can last 20 to 30 years with proper maintenance and upkeep. On the other hand, 100 years is a reasonable expectation for a tile roof. Clay and concrete roofs have been known to withstand high winds, hailstorms, and even fire. The fact that your tile roof will likely outlive you is either refreshing or weird. We’re not sure.
- Weather-resistant. Tile roof installations are commonly seen on the coast and in the Southwest. That’s because they are ideal for areas that experience hot weather and exposure to salt air. Because of Kingwood, TX’s proximity to the Gulf of Mexico and its salinated air, tile roofs are a good option in this neck of the woods. This type of roofing is also a good choice in climates where infrequent rain dumps large amounts of water in a short amount of time.
- Environmentally friendly. In an age where we’re becoming increasingly aware of our impact on the planet, tile roofs are a choice you can be proud to make. Waste from asphalt roofing makes up about five percent of the total waste sent to landfills across the United States every year. Because tile roofs are made from earth minerals, they can be pulverized and recycled when they are removed. The high thermal mass of tile roof installations can also help regulate temperatures inside your home, decreasing the need for air conditioners during the summer and heat during the winter.
- Low maintenance. Leaks are almost unheard of when you install tile roofs. Tile roof repair is hardly ever necessary unless the tile breaks due to heavy impact. Nevertheless, if you do find that your home requires a tile roof repair, call us at (832) 766-9994. Our residential roofers can help.
The Disadvantages of Tile Roofing
- The difficulty of installation. Asphalt shingles are pretty easy to install. Tile roofs are not. Thus, a tile roof installation should not be undertaken as a DIY project. Hire a professional, and make sure your roofing contractor has extensive experience and can provide references.
- Heavyweight. Tile roof installations in Kingwood, Kingwood, TX and live in our area give Mdw Roofing and Remodeling LLC a call at (832) 766-9994. If you are wondering if tile roofing would work for you we can further discuss the pros and cons of tile roofing and help you make an informed decision that fits your budget and preferences.